Library Director for Raritan Library
Raritan Public Library is seeking a new director of library services to commence employment on January 1st, 2022. The position would entail the planning and managing of services for a community of approximately 8,000 residents and maintaining a library in an historic setting.
An overview of responsibilities would include:
- Overseeing and maintaining the Library’s physical property
- Creating an annual budget and keeping records of all expenditures
- Selecting an adequate inventory of materials in keeping with the stated policy of the Board and within the confines of the budget
- Effectively hiring, supervising, training, and evaluating the performances of library employees
- Administering adult library programming
- Enforcing library policies and helping the Board to update them, when needed
- Working with the Board to create a strategic plan for future community needs and developing plans to improve services
- Taking part in professional development by attending State workshops, conferences and participating in continuing education
Education requirements: Applicants must have a four-year college degree as well as a Master of Library and Information Science.
Experience: At least 4 years of experience in the library setting.
Salary is based on experience. A full-time benefit package is offered.